In order to keep the peace and be productive when tackling big issues, couples should avoid bringing up loaded topics at bed time or right before rushing out to work or appointments. You might end up arguing all night since you are tired and less able to function with that material in the way you’d like to. Or you might go off to work feeling anxious or upset. That’s tough if you have to perform at a demanding job. Instead, ask for an appointment to discuss a particular issue, and put it in your calendar. This way, any potential volatility may be diffused and both parties will have time to prepare a response.
- The Science Behind Infidelity – Helen Fisher’s 10 Facts About Infidelity
- Parenting as a Spiritual Path: The Lessons in a Severed Ankle, a Chipped Tooth, and Stretch Marks
- Want to Give A Little Advice? Don’t Do It! (or not until you have read this first)
- Looking to Alternatives in Pain Management
- The SYMBIS Assessment: A great tool for Premarital Preparation
The Imago Center of Washington DC is the first certified Imago Center in the world.