The latest “Murphy’s Love” column just came out this week and tackles the tricky topic of parents playing favorites across gender lines. With all of the concern about building up girls’ self-esteem, some parents can overcompensate. In this scenario, Dad seems to be working very hard to care for Daughter, but Son is expected to get along on his own. Mom is concerned about the long-term ramifications. It’s no surprise that communication is at the heart of their disagreement. Read more here.
- Three New Women’s Groups Beginning This Fall
- Group Therapy: Is It the Next Right Thing for Me?
- The Science Behind Infidelity – Helen Fisher’s 10 Facts About Infidelity
- Parenting as a Spiritual Path: The Lessons in a Severed Ankle, a Chipped Tooth, and Stretch Marks
- Want to Give A Little Advice? Don’t Do It! (or not until you have read this first)
The Imago Center of Washington DC is the first certified Imago Center in the world.