Office: Capital Hill
Phone Number: (202) 449-3789 x708
Hayley Hoffman is a Counselor Intern who approaches counseling from a psychodynamic base with attention to mindfulness and behavior therapy strategies. The core of her practice is rooted in Rogerian “unconditional positive regard” for her clients and the value of a safe haven for exploring vulnerability and change in areas that cause discomfort or distress, giving clients the opportunity to live life on life’s terms. She has twelve years of experience in 12 Step programs and approaches to grounding oneself in self-reflection and mindful behaviors.
Areas of Focus:
- Faith/Spirituality. Hayley works from a perspective that values a spiritual way of life without limiting faith and spirituality to religions or denominations. A spiritual way of life includes being grounded and connected and accepting of our powerlessness over others.
- Establishing and Meeting Personal Goals. Hayley has transitioned from a business career that included coaching, developing and guiding her team through skills development, career path, best practices for success, and self-awareness.
- Difficulty in Relationships. Hayley has worked 1:1 with women and men doing work to support healthy interactions, self-scrutiny, personal responsibility, and awareness and acceptance of others as a means of navigating personal and professional relationships.
- Couples. Hayley’s own experience in couples’ therapy includes years of work with and Imago therapist. She firmly believes that every couple has opportunity to learn new and better ways to connect, to communicate and to envision their dream relationship. Her positive experience in therapy was a compelling influence in her decision to become a Licensed Clinical Counselor with a focus on Imago Therapy
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression. Hayley is experienced with clients who suffer from anxiety and depression, as well as other presenting symptoms which preclude healthy functioning in the predominant dimensions of life. She uses psychodynamic modalities to treat clients’ anxious and/or depressive symptoms.
Previous to her work at The Imago Center, Hayley worked in management with a variety of National and Local businesses. Hayley is currently pursuing an MA in Clinical Counseling from Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. Previous to that, she earned BA from Gettysburg College. She has nearly 12 years of work experience with 12 Step programs. Hayley and her husband have lived in DC off and on for the last 30 years. Between them they have 5 adult or college aged children.
- Radical Self-Care for the Holidays! - Heading into the holidays is like relationship boot camp. Your family of origin (FOO) brings out the best and the worst in you and your loved ones. The invitation to return to your FOO role as…pleaser, golden boy, scapegoat, prankster, the favorite, the youngest, the hero, the clown, or the … Continue reading