|Dupont Circle North|
Phone Number: (202) 449-3789 x701
Read all Carl’s posts here
The Reverend Dr. Carl Siegel, Clinical Psychologist and an ordained Episcopal clergyman, joined the staff of PC&CC/The Imago Center in 1990. Dr. Siegel is the Executive Director of the Imago Center. Dr. Siegel specializes in Imago Relationship Therapy and dynamic approaches to individual, couples and group therapy to address anxiety, depression, marital and interpersonal problems and life- cycle changes. He has a particular depth of competence in addressing the psychological and emotional development of men.
Dr. Siegel has more than 20 years of experience in providing individual, couples, group, and family therapy to individuals from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds. He is a highly credentialed therapist, workshop facilitator and clergyman. These credentials include certification as an Advanced Clinician in Imago Relationship Therapy and certification as a workshop presenter for the Getting The Love You Want workshop of Imago Relationships International. Dr. Siegel, along with Rebecca Sears, offer workshops several times a year.
Prior to his training as a clinical psychologist, Dr. Siegel served in parish ministry in the Episcopal church. He brings his experience and training from both vocations, as a clergyman and psychologist, to bear on the art of healing the soul and helping people to find more rewarding ways of working and living in relationship.
Dr. Siegel’s life is greatly enriched by his two sons. He also finds great joy in fly fishing, cruising on his motorcycle, and yoga.
- Stop Phubbing Your Partner! Are Cell Phones Getting in the Way of Your Relationship? - Not so very long ago I remember observing couples at restaurants spending more time looking at their cell phones than engaging each other and thinking how awful that was! Of course, not too long after that to my horror I realized that I was doing the same thing! Humbling! Recently, … Continue reading
- The NPR Diane Rehm Show: How We Choose Our Spouses - Recently, I listened to a panel discussion on the NPR Diane Rehm show entitled “How We Choose our Spouses”, (http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2016-10-17/how-we-choose-our-spouses). Did anyone else listen to this? The topic was inspired by a provocative New York Times article “Why You Will Marry the Wrong Person” by Alain de Botton. As a … Continue reading
- Why Group Therapy for Men: 5 Benefits - Recently, a wife of a man in one of my men’s group said, “Dr Siegel did you sprinkle pixie dust on my husband? He’s changed!” For most of my 25 years as a psychologist I have worked with men in group therapy because it is such a powerful therapeutic approach … Continue reading
- Men’s Rites of Passage coming to the DC area - Men, want to nurture a deep open-hearted spirituality based upon timeless wisdom that can guide you in living a generative life? Men As Learners and Elders (MALES) of the Washington DC Region will host a Men’s Rites of Passage (MROP) near Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia, from Wednesday afternoon, April 22, … Continue reading
- 2 Upcoming Workshops for Relationships in January - Start Right Stay Connected: 1 Day Premarital Workshop January 24 Whether you are preparing to be married, newly married or committing to a long-term relationship, you’ll want to Start Right and Stay Connected. Here is an opportunity for you to get the knowledge and tools needed to navigate the challenges … Continue reading